About Streatham Festival
What is Streatham Festival?
Now in its 15th year, Streatham Festival is an accessible arts festival celebrating local talent, presenting a mix of emerging and well-established artists and encouraging the imaginative use of the different venues across Streatham that characterise the area. Streatham FestivalAssociation supports a diverse mix of arts genres, provides opportunities to learn and join in, develops practice in the arts and nurtures artists and audiences through collaborations with communities.
What will the 2016 festival consist of?
- Great events from Saturday 2 to Saturday 9 July (please note Art23 continues until 17 July)
- A festival theme of ‘Celebrating Streatham’. This year we celebrate everything that's great about our local area, whether it's great musicians and venues in our gig crawl event, The Streatham Strut, or our fantastic theatre groups, artists, authors or crafters we'll showcase the best of the borough from Hill to Vale.
- An evening of musicals in The Rookery
- Indoor and outdoor film screenings
- Family Fun Day- an afternoon in the British Home gardens on Saturday 9
- Our umbrella music event ‘Streatham Strut’ on Saturday 9
- Kick up your heels with Folk of the Woods fun filled ceilidh
- A comedy gala evening and pre Fringe shows
- Art23 –the artist trail in shops will be back throughout the festival for a third year
- Hamlet in the Rookery
- Fabulous event partner offerings....
The organisation of the Festival is a huge enterprise – it’s run by volunteers who work all year round to deliver the event. The Festival is organised by the Streatham Festival Association Committee:
- Janet Leatherland – Chair
- Stephen Whitaker – Company Secretary
- Angus Loggie – Treasurer
- Eileen McGrath – Administrator
- Lee Alley – Webmaster
- Jane Wroe Wright – Community Liaison
- Anne- Marie McGregor – Streatham Strut
- Gloria Austen - Youth co-ordinator